The company has developed and sales the following selective ion-exchange materials (resins) AXION:
- Ion-exchange resin AXION NP-19 for selective recovery of Indium.
- Ion-exchange resin AXION-P6-32 (Eco-10) for the complex Rare-earth Elements (REE) recovery.
- Ion-exchange resin AXION HL for selective recovery complex heavy Rare-earth Elements (HREE).
- Ion-exchange resin AXION-R(Cs) for selective recovery of Cesium.
Ion-exchange resin AXION NP-19 for selective recovery of Indium
According to independent tests results the pilot sample of AXION NP-19 by its capacity (16,6 g/l) and selectivity (70 %) many times exceeds the characteristics of the other industrial ion-exchange resins in sorption from sulfuric solution after Waelz oxides recovering.
- Single-stage recovery of indium from different solutions, including ones with low concentration of indium (0,1-0,15 g/l) and high concentration of silicic acid (up to 0,9 g/l Si) without their preliminary removal;
- High sorption efficiency of indium (16,6 g/l);
- The indium concentration in eluates about 70 % allows to obtain indium concentrate appropriate for further recovery of metallic indium;
- Possibility of indium selective sorption from solutions with high content of sulfuric acid (up to 150 g/l);
- No organic impurities (leach, solvent, etc.) both in solutions at the stage of sorption and in eluates at the stage of desorption.
Ion-exchange resin AXION-P6-32 (Eco-10) for the complex Rare-earth Elements (REE) recovery
- Total recovery of REE from nitric process liquor (20-30 g/l) with low concentration of REE (0,026 % by Ln2O3) and high ammonium nitrate concentration 180 g/l;
- High level of rare earths recovery (at terms of not less than 99,9% sorption prior “breakthrough“, purification of 200 (not less) column volumes and resin specific loading about 3,5 volume per hour);
- High total dynamic exchange capacity of pilot sample by REE equals 1105,9 mol/m3 (3,0 mmol/g);
- Resin is 100 % regenerable and can be used manifold.
Ion-exchange resin AXION HL for selective recovery complex heavy Rare-earth Elements (HREE)
Ion-exchange resin AXION HL is intended for selective extraction of HREE from high acidity nitric and phosphoric acid solutions without preliminary neutralization.
- Total dynamic exchange capacity by HREE is 10 g/kg (0,3 meq/g) at specific loading 2 BV/h from solution with concentration of HNO3 160 g/l and the concentration of all REE 72 g/l (HREE 2,5 g/l);
- For 1 cycle of sorption desorption of HREE concentrate by 10 times (from 3,3% from total amount of REE in initial solution to 30,6% in eluate);
- The greatest concentrating is observed for Terbium (by 14 times), Dysprosium (by 5 times), Erbium (by 17 times) and Yttrium (by 12 times), and for Ytterbium concentrating jump by 60 times is observed;
- HREE desorb by 2 M solution of ammonium carbonate that prevents possibility of pollution of a concentrate of HREE by impurity of other elements or organic compounds.
Ion-exchange resin AXION-R (Cs) for selective recovery of Cesium
New adsorbent for Cesium recovery (AXION-R(Cs)) from alkaline solutions is intended for industrial recovery of Cs-137 radionuclide.
Advantages of ion-exchange resin AXION-R(Cs) for Cs-137 recovery from stillage bottoms of Atomic Electro Station:
- High selectivity to Cesium in the presence of Sodium and Potassium Ions (distribution ratio 10^4-10^3), decontamination factor 10^3-10^2;
- Cesium sorption from strong alkaline solutions (рН>13) and in the presence of organic sequestering agents (Trilone B, oxalate-ion). The conventional ferrocyanide sorbents do not work in such solutions;
- Full Cesium desorption from the resin by nitric acid solutions (0,5-1,0 mol/l), total resin regenerating, usage many times.